Presenters: The Call for Proposals for the 2018 IAPD/IPRA Soaring to New Heights Conference is now open! To submit a proposal for program consideration please click here. The deadline for submission is May 12, 2017, 11:59 pm CST.
Topics to be considered should fall into one of the following content areas:
- Boardmanship – topics include board member job description, responsibilities, effectiveness, ethics, conduct, specific duties, rights and goals. Examples of topics include conflict resolution, policy development, how to build an effective board, understanding your role as a board member and board/executive director/staff relations.
- Diversity – includes topics that address cultural issues affecting programs and services, the multi-generational workforce, employing individuals with disabilities, changing demographics and celebrating traditions while honoring different cultures.
- Facilities – covers a broad range of items related to facility design, community centers, facility maintenance, aquatics, fitness, golf, nature centers, special facilities (skate parks, ice rinks, etc…) and green/eco initiatives.
- Finance/IT – focuses on financial management and information technology issues for parks and rec professionals, including topics such as budgets, levies, referendums, taxes, technology trends, software and systems.
- Governance/Legal – topics pertaining to laws, court cases, advocacy, pending legislation, policies and legal issues.
- HR/Risk Management – focuses on human resources issues such as hiring, training, disciplining, HR laws, retention, risk management and team building.
- Leadership/Management – encompasses a broad spectrum of topics on leadership/management strategies and skills development, including change management, innovation, partnerships/collaboration, networking, performance management, staff development, strategic planning and succession planning.
- Marketing/Communications – addresses topics including but not limited to marketing, customer service, sales skills development, branding, sponsorships, graphic design, PR/media relations, social media, photography and videography.
- Parks – includes a wide range of topics covering park buildings and structures, land, master planning, landscaping/ground maintenance, turf care, athletic fields, playgrounds, trees, equipment, purchasing and trails.
- Recreation – focuses on topics related to park and recreation programming for seniors, adult, teen and youth, including general programming, health & wellness, special and cultural events, youth camps, preschool and youth sports.
- Therapeutic Recreation – covers topics for special needs populations, programming and facilities, as well as training for special needs staff.
Click here to submit a proposal. Note: The submissions deadline is May 12, 2017, 11:59 pm CST.